We are committed to protecting your privacy and using any personal information you provide responsibly. We believe it is important for you to understand what information we collect from you, how it is used and who will have access to that information.
The first time you visit our website, you will be prompted to accept or decline cookies. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your device. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyze web traffic. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. You can choose to accept or decline cookies.
The information we receive depends on what you do when you visit our Site. We do not collect or retain any personal information unless you choose to provide it to us. When you visit our Site, Tastefully Simple, Inc. collects and stores non-personally identifiable information such as:
- the name of the domain from which you access the Internet,
- the date and time you access our Site,
- and the Internet address of the website from which you linked to our Site.
Tastefully Simple may also use your information if you opt to receive information about Bites Box by Tastefully Simple or purchasing or inquiring about Tastefully Simple products. We use this information to track the number of visitors to the different pages of our Site as well as make our Site more convenient to users.
If you contact us, submit ideas to us or request to be contacted we collect the information you provide, which may include name, email address, postal address, and telephone number. When you make a purchase your credit card information is collected and processed by the payment processor only for the duration of the sale.
We will never sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes. However, we do contract with third party companies to perform services on our behalf. We may disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To organizations that perform services for us or on our behalf, including, without limitation, to provide customer service; process credit cards; conduct research, marketing, or data processing; or to provide marketing or promotional services on our behalf, to the extent that information is necessary to provide services to us.
- To protect the Site and our rights; to protect ourselves against liability or prevent fraudulent activity; or where it is necessary to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain;
- In the event of or in connection with the sale, merger, spin-off or other corporate reorganization of our corporation, where the information is provided to the new controlling entity in regular course of business;
- If required to comply with a subpoena or warrant issued or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with the rules or court relating to the production of records; and
- If we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, rule or guideline requires it.
To prevent unauthorized use, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information, Tastefully Simple has put in place appropriate physical, electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard and secure information collected online. Tastefully Simple is working to meet or exceed the requirements for the 12 Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Data Security Standards to ensure that any data you provide is secure.
California privacy rights
In addition to the above information, California residents have the right to request the following information from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship:
- a list of the categories of personal information that a business has disclosed to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties' direct marketing purposes if any, and
- the names and addresses of all such third parties, if any.
Tastefully Simple will collect your address and zip code to facilitate shipping any products you choose to order. Collection of such information is necessary to complete your order. California residents also have the right to ask a business to take action regarding their personal information:
- If your personal information is inaccurate, you can request it be corrected;
- You have a right to request to the limit the use of or disclosure of what you believe is sensitive personal information;
- You also have a right to be forgotten and to ask that all your personal information be deleted.
If you are a Tastefully Simple client and a California resident, please contact us at the postal address below to request this information. Please note that we are only required to respond to each client once per calendar year. Remember, Tastefully Simple loves all clients and won’t treat you any differently if you decide to opt out of receiving information from us or have asked us not to share your information. Should you wish to learn more about your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
opting out of promotional communications
To opt out of promotional emails: Follow the instructions provided in the footer of the promotional email or contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that when you opt out of receiving promotional communications, Tastefully Simple may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those related to transactions.